About

Smith Hall

Smith Hall

Smith Hall, built in 1939, was funded by the Federal Emergency Administration of Public Works. Later named the Public Works Administration (PWA), the project was part of Franklin D. Roosevelt's 'New Deal' effort to create jobs after the Great Depression. The building was named after Walter Byron Smith, an 1882 graduate and Board of Trustees member.

This historic building houses the School of Education.